When you install AOL Gold in your system, you look forward to enjoying the amazing experience of using it as a search engine. There are many features that are offered by this desktop software. Just a few easy steps that are required to download the software in the device and after that use it to browse or surf the web for searching anything you need, listen to music, play online games, watch videos, etc. But won’t your expectation go down and become a little shaky when you find out there occurs some common mistakes while using the software. These are some of the basic issues, which will also be discussed in this blog along with their easy and quick fixes. You can execute them whenever you feel some kind of error in the usual working of AOL Desktop Gold
Some general AOL Desktop Gold errors
Error 1- When you are unable to download and install AOL Desktop Gold in the operating system
Solution– If you find that the software just fails to get installed in the device, then you should try the solution given below:
- First of all, check the system requirements and its compatibility with the OS into which you are wishing to install the software.
- Disable the firewall protection
- Always download the software from official AOL website
- Remove all the Trojans, malware, virus from the system by running an anti-virus scan
- Install the current windows update
Error 2- AOL Desktop Gold login issues
Solution– Facing with login issues while attempting to sign in into AOL Desktop Gold? Don’t worry, these easy and quick fixes will work wonders for you.
- Ensure to enter the correct login credentials.
- Update the web browser or you can use any other for the same.
- Check for the availability of enough and fast net connection
- Delete the web crawler’s cache and cookies.
Error 3- AOL Desktop stops working or is not responding
Solution- Even after clicking multiple times on the desktop icon, the home page still not opens up and fails to respond? You can resolve them through these steps:
- Ensure to update your operating system and install the latest PC drivers.
- Enable Java scripting and Active Java scripting.
- Disable any kind of pop-up ads or Adds on of the browser.
Error 4- AOL Desktop Gold icon is missing from the Desktop
Solution- Don’t panic when you can’t see the AOL Gold icon on the Desktop. You can easily drag it back from the system tray and this is how it is done;
- Move your mouse cursor to the system tray of the desktop located at the bottom-right corner.
- Click on the arrow and look for AOL Gold
- Select the icon and drag it to the desktop and also create its shortcut.
Error 5- Not able to update AOL Desktop Gold
Solution- Sometimes the users are unable to update the software and it usually occurs due to compatibility issues. To fix this particular error, have a look at the steps given below:
- Make sure that the automatic update feature of the software has been turned on
- Look for system requirements and see whether the updates stay permissible
- Give a check, if any other program is blocking this function.
Error 6- AOL Desktop Gold is running slow
Solution- Execute these given steps if the desktop software is taking too long to respond:
- Restart the system to delete the RAM
- Delete all the unnecessary files and junk from the system
- Scan the system for virus and malware
- End all programs running in the background
These were some of the general issues that the users might face. The best suggestion that is provided and that should be followed is that you always AOL Desktop Gold download from the official AOL website.